Tapa

By popular demand I'm posting all my tapa marinades for everyone's enjoyment. :D

Ingredients:
Tapa #1 - My Version
1 part white sugar
1 part brown sugar
1/2 part iodized salt
pinch of pepper

Tapa #2 - Mommy Maloy's garlicky version
lots of bawang minced
salt
pepper

Tapa #3 - Daddy Cesar's version
1 part black pepper
3 parts salt

Tapa #4 - Nora Daza's version (Galing-galing Philippine Cuisine, p5)
1 Kg sirloin
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
2 Tbsp salt
1 tsp salt peter (salitre)
2 tsp MSG
[Personally, I omit the last 2 ingredients]

Directions:
All marinades are done with thinly sliced beef cut from either sirloin or top round. For convenience, I sometimes get the prepackaged "breakfast steak" cuts. Marinate the meat at least overnight to get the best flavor. You can also make a batch then divide them up into servings that way you only defrost what you'll cook for the day.

Comments